Deaf Campership Application for Person of Color for Deaf Film Camp and Deaf STEM Camp 2020
Deaf Campership Application for Persons of Color
Sponsored by Mark Seven Deaf Foundation, Inc.
For two full Deaf Film Camp (DFC) tuition (total value of each tuition $1450)
and two full Deaf STEM Camp tuition (total value of each tuition $1150)
*Parents pay the $200 non-refundable deposit at time of registration
To be considered for the merit-based campership, the student should meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing and Person of Color (Ages 8 – 16)*
- Must have at least one birth parent who is a member of one of the following groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino American, Native North American, Asian American, Pacific Islander, or any other multi-racial group.
- Must have at least one family member (or guardian) who is deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Demonstrates good citizenship and is involved in school activities. *
- Has never attended Camp Mark Seven.
- Submit a written (one page) or ASL video (up to 2 minutes in MOV, MP4, and M4V formats) essay stating why she/he/they desire to attend the Deaf Film Camp or Deaf STEM Camp at CM7 and explain why.
Application deadline is April 24, 2020.
Submit completed application form to Campership Committee at M7DFtreasurer@campmark7.org
* Students may provide documentation for proof of residency for #1 and teachers can provide a letter of recommendation for the student for #2.
Selection of the student/child to receive the Camperships will be made by the Mark Seven Deaf Foundation (M7DF) Board or a duly appointed Committee thereof. Such decision by the Board or Committee is in the sole discretion of M7DF and is final.