Active Deaf Adults 50 Plus Week
A summer camp for active deaf adults over 50 years old. A week of relaxing, participating in activities, and socializing with likeminded people in a beautiful Adirondack Mountains setting, overlooking the 4th Lake. A rustic century old hotel, “The Mohawk Hotel” has been converted into a vibrant, and fun summer camp for active deaf adults to enjoy and be one with nature.
Active deaf adult campers can choose to from a variety of activities. Important to note that, regretfully, the camp does not offer access for those who use wheelchairs or walkers. There are no elevators at the camp. You must be able to climb up and down stairs, and navigate paths. The camp has 72 beds total. The majority of the beds are bunk beds. So we try to limit the participants to approximately 36-40 individuals. So that everyone can sleep on a lower bunk bed. There are 2 people to a room, in some cases, we may need to add 3rd or 4th person to the room. Shared bathroom and showers on each floor.
We provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day except for Arrival Day – dinner only, Departure Day – breakfast only. Parking is available on the camp grounds.
Activities and Workshops
- Excellent for active Deaf Adults (Age 50 and up) who want a fun and relaxing environment
- Variety of educational morning workshops
- Will have a day trips in upstate New York
- Lawn games, swimming, kayaking & hiking
- Bonfire chats, card games, bingo and many more
- Enjoy a ride on the pontoon to the Inlet for ice cream or shopping in Old Forge
- Enjoy a quiet moment of solitude sitting on our Adirondack chairs at the waterfront and watch the sunrise or sunset
CM7 accepts paper registration and checks mailed to CM7. Please download the registration form, "Deaf Adults Camp", on the right side of this page.