Deaf Camp Program Director
Message from CM7 Camp Director
It is with great pleasure that I announce Camp Mark 7 has an opening for the Deaf Camp Program Director for Summer 2022.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and application form via our website link below. Applications must be sent to Isabella Sterly, New Camp Director. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications upon receipt and review until the position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Deaf Camp Program and Camp Mark Seven. I can be reached at email@example.com or VP# 315-207-5706 if you have questions.
Isabella "Bella" Sterly, Camp Director
DEAF PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
Responsible to: Camp Director
General Responsibility: Hires, supervises and evaluates program staff plans and coordinates the following programs: Staff Orientation, Youth Session, and Children’s Session.
Qualifications: Hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PE, Recreation or Deaf Education-related fields. Be Fluent in American Sign Language. Be at least 25 years old, and a have a minimum of 24 weeks of administrative or supervising experience in camping. Responding to Emergencies certification required. Previous employment and familiarity with philosophy of CM7 preferred. Must submit forms DSS-370 and DOH-2271 for related to background check and clearance.
- Informs Registrar after October 1st of enrollment limits for each program for the following summer.
- Markets CM7 Deaf programs at Deaf schools and day classes with the permission of Camp Director and M7DF Foundation Director.
- Hires personnel for Youth and Children’s Sessions.
- Helps plan and conduct Staff Orientation, Youth and Children’s Session.
- Coordinates and trains counselors and campers related to Fire Safety plan.
- Reports any criminal conduct to the authorities.
- Ensures that all rules and regulations are adhered to as required by the New York State Department of Health for Children’s Camps.
- Acts as liaison between parents, campers and Camp Nurse.
- Keeps clear and accurate activity, medical, and program records.
- Reports any serious injury, illness or abuse to the Camp Director.
- Develops and implements a master schedule (daily schedules of activities and staff assignments) to be distributed before each session. Coordinates daily programs with input from counselors.
- Plans and facilitates special events (e.g. skits, off-property trips, etc.).
- Develops an on-duty and off-duty schedule for staff.
- Makes sure there are back-up plans in case of bad weather.
- Lines up guest speakers.
- Prepares all equipment needed by counselors during the course of the day.
- Meets with each counselor informally on a weekly basis.
- Visits each activity regularly, encouraging the counselors to be innovative and creative.
- Conducts counselor’s and Assistant Program Director’s evaluations at the end of the Program.
- Maintains a high level of staff and camper morale.
Submit resume and CM7 Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org