Camp Mark Seven Summer Camp Director
Message from M7DF Board Chair:
ASL Version: https://youtu.be/QeaT9cTUXOM
It is with great pleasure that I announce Camp Mark Seven (CM7) has an opening for the Summer Camp Director for Summer 2020. On behalf of the M7DF board, we would like to recognize our current Camp Director, Dave Staehle, for his outstanding work. Dave is currently on a retirement transition for the next few years and it is our goal to ensure that the new CM7 Director has a smooth transition when Dave officially retires.
The successful candidate will work this summer with current Camp Director Dave Staehle, who will serve as a mentor and assist with the transition of duties. The new CM7 Summer Camp Director will begin working in Summer 2020 at CM7 in Old Forge, NY.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendations by March 15th 2020 or until position is filled. Applications should be sent directly to Brian Greenwald, Chair of Search Committee at M7DFvicechair@campmark7.org. The Search Committee will begin reviewing upon receipt of applications and review until the position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Summer Camp Director position and Camp Mark Seven Sincerely yours,
Kim B. Kurz
M7DF Board Chair
Job Title: Summer Camp Director
Reports to: Board of Directors, Mark Seven Deaf Foundation, Inc. & New York State, Department of Health
Camp Mark 7 is a waterfront camp located in the Adirondacks near Old Forge, New York. Founded in 1981, Camp Mark 7 offers a range of summer programs for deaf, hearing, and seniors. CM7 programs operate from June 1st to September 1st; although, some work will be done remotely during the year in preparation for summer camp programs.
The CM7 Summer Camp Director is responsible for overseeing the employees, hiring process, supervising and evaluating staff and plan and coordinate all children, adults and family programs.
Job Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in recreation or relevant field. A minimum of two-year supervision and administrative experience. Fluency in American Sign Language.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advertise, hire and supervise the Nurse, Waterfront Director, KODA Program Director, Deaf STEM Program Director and Deaf Film Camp Director, and Adults/ Family Program Directors.
- Work closely with the Program Directors to plan and run the Counselor Orientations.
- Ensure the camp is a welcoming environment for campers and employees.
- Ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to as required by the New York State, Department of Heath for Children’s Camp.
- Ensure all employees comply with CM7 regulations.
- Report any injury, illness, or abuse to the New York State, Department of Health.
- Maintain all necessary reports and statistical data as required for Children’s program management.
- Work to ensure safety and a risk-free environment.
- Work closely with M7DF Foundation Director and Program Directors related to program marketing and development planning.
- Report any criminal conduct to the appropriate authorities and board officers.
- Conduct staff evaluations at the end of the Programs.
- Familiarity with financials and budgeting preferred.
- Monthly Report to Board of Chair
- Provide all Financial information to Foundation Treasurer for annual audit review
Camp Mark 7 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants regardless of race, class, gender, and disability that meets the qualifications will be considered for application. Salary range is negotiable. Camp Director will remain on site during summer 2020 including all programs in session. Lodging and meals on site are provided for the Camp Director.
Deadline to Apply: March 15, 2020 or until position is filled.
For inquiries, contact Kim Kurz, M7DF Board Chair: email@example.com
Send your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendations to: Brian Greenwald, Vice Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org