Responsible to:Deaf Programs Director or KODA Programs Director, depending on which program working for.
Qualifications:Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including: fluency in American Sign Language. At least 18 years old. Have experience in camping and supervising children/youth, or have completed a training course acceptable to the permit-issuing official. Completion of 1 year of college is preferred.
- Adheres to master schedule that lists on-duty times and job responsibilities.
- Be involved with own assigned groups (e.g., assists them during Kapers, attends leadership talks, ensures appropriate behavior, eats with them, etc.).
- Encourages campers to participate in activities, makes sure they show up on time for events.
- Reports inappropriate behaviors of campers to the Program Director.
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and personal hygiene (showers, clean clothes, etc.) of campers.
- Makes sure campers are eating well-balanced meals.
- Refers exhausted or sick campers to the Health Director.
- Makes sure campers' clothing is warm and dry.
- Takes a personal interest in every camper, encouraging each to achieve individual and group activities.