Seeking counselors for the KODA, Deaf Film Camp and Deaf STEM Camp programs
Responsible to: KODA Program Director and Deaf Programs Director (Deaf Film Camp and Deaf STEM Camp)
KODA Counselor application due Feb 24, 2020
DFC and Deaf STEM Counselor application due April 10, 2020
Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including: fluency in American Sign Language. At least 18 years old. Have experience in camping and supervising children/youth, or have completed a training course acceptable to the permit-issuing official. Completion of 1 year of college is preferred.
- Adheres to master schedule that lists on-duty times and job responsibilities.
- Be involved with own assigned groups (e.g., assists them during Kapers, attends leadership talks, ensures appropriate behavior, eats with them, etc.).
- Encourages campers to participate in activities, makes sure they show up on time for events.
- Reports inappropriate behaviors of campers to the Program Director.
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and personal hygiene (showers, clean clothes, etc.) of campers.
- Makes sure campers are eating well-balanced meals.
- Refers exhausted or sick campers to the Health Director.
- Makes sure campers' clothing is warm and dry.
- Takes a personal interest in every camper, encouraging each to achieve individual and group activities.